Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sweeten Your Iced Coffee with Maple Syrup

Pin It Picture 026
Some of you may recall that I recently did a post reviewing the Pioneer Woman’s iced coffee recipe (which by the way has turned out to be one of my most popular posts!), in which I declared my fidelity to sweetened condensed milk as my method-of-choice for reaching the sweet, creamy consistency that everyone (or, most everyone) wants their coffee to reach.  But alas- times change and so do my taste buds and I have discovered a new favorite: Maple Syrup.



Picture 142-001


Maple syrup is an  ideal pairing for Iced Coffee because not only is it deliciously sweet, but its already liquid and thus marries so nicely with the cold java.  In addition to that, more and more people are moving away from eating cane sugar, whether it be for dietary or ethical reasons (maple syrup is a very local and ethical choice for a sweetener for us).  And while it does change the flavor of the coffee a bit (Id say it tastes a little like Kahlua liquer), it is not so strong that it tastes like “flavored” coffee, if you know what I mean.  Behold, my recipe and directions for

Maple Cream Iced Coffee


Picture 015
1. Start with REAL maple syrup. We’re not talking about Aunt Jamima here, ladies.  Cough up the bucks for the read deal or forget it.

Picture 021
2. I like about a Tablespoon of mapley goodness for a small glass of iced coffee.  You’ll have to experiment to discover your own liking.

Picture 018
3. Get out your iced coffee (woops, looks like I need to make a new batch pronto!) and...

Picture 022
4.  Pour that liquid black gold into your glass. Stir well.


Picture 023 Picture 025
5. Now I suppose that someone likes their coffee without milk or cream, but I feel sad for them.  Dont skimp on it, either, ladies… iced coffee is no place to be counting calories (unless you consume three or four a day and then maybe you need to reach for the skim).

Picture 028
6.  Et Voila!  Maple Cream Iced Coffee, ready to sip to your hearts desire.

Enjoy!
Proud to be linking up today with  Saturday Link and Greet at Country Mamma Cooks, Tiny Tip Tuesday at Natures Nurture as well as Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways at Frugal Sustainability,Whole Food Wednesdays at This Chick Cooks, and Share Your  Cup Thursdays at Jann Olson's, and and Foodie Fridays at Simple Living with Diane Balch, and Saturday Show and Tell and Cheerios and Lattes.
Pin It

7 comments:

Sue said...

Yum! Can't wait to try it!

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

It looks very yummy! I am a HUGE iced coffee fan - well, that should read, I am a HUGE coffee in any form fan :)

I saw Ree make her coffee and was intrigued but decided to keep to my version -- Kuerig style. Since I am a low-carber, I don't sweeten unless I add a spash of sugar-free vanilla coffee syrup and for that creaminess, I add a couple Tbsp of heavy cream. Oh, so good :)

Blessings!
Gail

laura@imnotatrophywife.com said...

New follower! Thanks for your sweet comment! Yes, the lasagna noodles work! I have a great iced coffee recipe under recipes on my blog too!
Super easy and yum! laura@imnotatrophywife.com

Ambreen said...

That looks really yummy. Wish I could grab it right now, love it! Thanks for visiting me and for your sweet words :)

Jann Olson said...

I'll take the maple without the coffee. lol! Shhh, don't tell, but I am not a coffee drinker. I know, Mrs. Olson (Folgers), and Share Your Cup. Hey, a girl can share tea can't she? Hee-hee.
Hugs,
Jann
p.s. Maple is my favorite kind of doughnut.

Sarah @ Natures Nurture said...

Mmm, that looks yummy! I still haven't tried making the iced coffee yet, but will definitely try sweetening it with some good ol' Ontario maple syrup :) Thanks for linking up at Tiny Tip Tuesday!

Mackenzie said...

Yum! I've never used maple syrup; very creative! Thanks for sharing on Saturday Show & Tell at Cheerios and Lattes last weekend! We love having you join us and hope to see you again this weekend! See you soon!
Mackenzie :)